Updated: Jan 11
Breen Township Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
Mission Covenant Church Fellowship Hall
DATE Dec. 5, 2022 Time 6:00_ PM
PRAYER Gus Murray led in prayer
1. CALL TO ORDER + PLEDGE TO THE FLAG
In attendance: Rob Massie, Katie Dixon, Gus Murray, Travis Woodward, Mickey Reynolds
Also attending: Debbie Milligan, Rob Fox, Belva Gustafson
3. Input by Members None
4. Citizen’s Time - None
5. Approve/Amend Agenda
Discussion: Rob asked to add to New Business 12C of the agenda: Replace constable as of Dec. 31, 2022
Motion by: Katie Dixon to approve agenda as amended Support by: Rob Massie
Vote: Passed 5 to 0.
6. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING [presented on-line and on paper by Gus Murray]
Motion to accept by: Katie Dixon supported by: Rob Massie
Vote: Passed 5 to 0
7. TREASURES REPORT [Katie Dixon]
1. General Fund Checking $ 11120.93
2. Money Market $ 293953.83
3. Roads Checking $ 625.18
4. Roads Savings $ 133161.10
5. River Valley Fire Dept. Checking $ 215439.02
6. Commercial Savings account $ 87754.68
7. Parks Checking Account $ 29020.83
8. Oscar G. Johnson Memorial Fund $ 2017.11
Motion to accept by: Gus Murray Support by: Travis Woodward Vote: Passed 5 to 0 on a roll call vote
8.REVIEW MONTHLY BILLS and TWP MAIL
1. Stenberg Brothers Inc. [Pump pit toilet] 75.00
2. Katie Dixon [treasurer’s office supplies] 28.57
3. B.K. Enterprises [ Veterans Mem. Name plate] 115.00
4. Cloots and Swanson [ Parks TP] 305.75
F.D. Checking / Debit Card
1. El Comm [radios] 4129.44
Motion to pay the bills by: Katie Dixon Support by: Travis Woodward
Vote: Passed on a roll call vote 5 to 0
Rob Massie reported that the DCRC approved their new policy.
10. Parks and Rec.
Belva Gustafson reported all is good. She said the Hardwood Hall is rented out for May 20th next year.
11. FIRE DEPT. REPORT
Rob Fox reported that Fire Fighters 1 + 2 start on Dec. 8 and run through May 13.
A. DCRC policy – reported on earlier
B. Bid Policy- Our bid policy was discussed. Rob explained the problems with the last bids we had. He said we can refuse a bid if they include more than the required or asked for information.
C. Replace constable as of Dec. 31, 2022 – Brian Farwell turned in his resignation as township constable as of Dec. 31, 2022. Katie Dixon made a motion to accept Brian’s resignation, which was supported by Travis Woodward and passed 5 to 0.
Gus will make a posting for the job that will have a deadline of Jan. 2, 2023 at 3 pm.
13. OLD BUSINESS - NONE
14. Citizen’s Time #2
Debbie Milligan questioned the input by members that were not added to the minutes in November. Mickey Reynolds said that only input by board members needs to be reported as it pertains to the agenda. Much discussion was held about input by member’s time. The township board always wants to hear from the citizens of our township.
15. INPUT BY MEMBERS
Katie Dixon: None
Rob Massie: None
Gus Murray: Absentee ballots were discussed
Travis Woodward: Travis reported that the Planning Commission would meet on Dec. 12 at 5:00 pm at the Mission Covenant Church Fellowship Hall
Mickey Reynolds: None
16. Motion to Adjourn by: Rob Massie at 6:46 pm Support by: Katie Dixon
Vote: Passed 5 to 0